Friday, July 19, 2013

A Fresh Start

Alrighty, so...I'm back in the blogging world again!

I've been meaning to restart blogging for ages - I created my first blog back in 2005 at a local writing camp and my friends and I went absolutely overboard. We had personal blogs and Harry Potter blogs and lord have mercy I hope none of those posts have survived cyberspace. (I cringed when I saw my original 'introduction.' Twelve year old me did not know how to present herself online very well.) I had already decided on making this summer a time of healing and transitioning to a new point in my life, so what better time to start a blog? Especially when there's something as exciting as a trip to England in store...

Yep. I still can't quite believe it either.

In just a few minutes I'll be leaving my house, heading to the airport, and hopping on a plane to London to attend the University of Exeter's International Summer School! (Well, technically I'll be hopping on a plane to Detroit first...details.) I'm super excited about this opportunity. I can't wait to experience the country and meet students from all over the world. So that's how I'll be kicking off this blog - documenting what will surely be an amazing time abroad.

I'll wrap up this post before I make myself late for said time abroad - look for another post hopefully tomorrow about my first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment